Why We Built ApneBoot...
Sick babies sometimes stop breathing...
Prematurity and other illness can result in unpredictable periods where the baby has stopped breathing, which are events known as apneas.
You only have seconds to respond...
Every second the newborn is without oxygen risks damage to the brain, vital organs and the newborn's life. And, nurses and parents may not always be able to reach a baby experiencing apnea immediately.
For some babies, apneas can occur post-discharge too...
Unfortunately, apneas remain to be a risk to the newborn until the baby's nervous system has sufficiently developed.
"Our vision to end preventable newborn injuries due to hypothermia. To do this, we developed the TempWatch for all babies around the world."
- Ratul Narain, Inventor & Founder
How ApneBoot Works
- Pulse oximetry technology is robust to newborn movements and low perfusion.
- 12 hour battery life makes it useful during transport.
- Stimulation intensity and alarm thresholds can be customized as per the baby's requirements.
- Available for home rental or hospital purchase.
The ApneBoot in 1 minute.