Help us protect more babies
By donating to Bempu, you help us give free Bempu Hypothermia Alert Devices to newborns in government facilities in India, born to families who often can't afford our device.
- 15 million babies are born preterm each year
- That's 10% of the babies born worldwide annually
- 2.7 million babies die within their first month of life each year
- Babies born too soon are at increased risk of hypothermia, breathing difficulties, impaired cognitive and physical development, and even death.
- Globally, death from preterm birth complications is the leading cause of death for children under 5.
- India has the highest number of deaths due to preterm birth in the world.
- Approximately 3/4 of these deaths could be prevented with simple neonatal health interventions such as Bempu.
Where will your donations be going?
DR. WAZIR'S PREMATURE BABIES FOUNDATION
GUDALUR ADIVASI HOSPITAL